All about ME

Hello Everybody!
My name is Alicia. Welcome to my blog! I am really excited to participate in the Student Blog Challenge 2017 and I hope you’ll enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them.

My family
– My wonderful dad
– My awesome mom
– My annoying 😉 little brother
– My cute little sister
– And ME!

Countries I have been to

The first country I lived in outside of Spain was Mali. At first, it was really hard for my family and me, because we didn’t speak the language, we missed our family and friends and because we had just arrived from a place where we had always lived in and moved to a completely different country with such a different culture. After a few months I started to realize how beautiful this country is; women dressed in beautiful bright colors, the wonderful music played with the Kora, colorful buses, unique monuments… After Mali, we went to live to Senegal.
There is a lot to see out there!

Hobbies
So many!

– Sewing
I loved doing arts and crafts since I was really small. I started making activities with paper, and cupboard. Then, I started decorating hair bands and pins and that’s when I started sewing. Taking advantage of living in Africa, I used the beautiful tissues to make simple clothes for my dolls. And now, I am learning to make clothes with the sewing machine thanks to my wonderful teacher. Sewing takes a long process!

Isn’t the fabric pretty?

– Reading
I specially like dystopian novels. Some of the books I like: Divergent (awesome) by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games (so exciting) by Suzanne Collins, The Selection (rebellious!) by Kiera Cass and Graceling (you won’t be able to put it down) by Kristin Cashore.

– Going for walks
At the scouts, we walk a lot and it is wonderful to see the nature while you walk with green trees and flowers. One of the things I miss while being in Africa is being able to go for walks, here it is harder to do so.

– Playing instruments
I like playing instruments, in fact, I play the guitar, the piano and the traverse flute. In the piano, I play very simple songs like the chords to “Viva la Vida”, the beginning of the song called “Another day of Sun” from the movie La La Land and a tango from Argentina called “Adios Muchachos”. I receive guitar classes, and one of the songs I like to play is “Sweet Home Chicago”. Also, I used to play the traverse flute, but now I don’t play it as much.

Swimming
In my school, I signed up for the swimming team, and since then, I have improved in swimming and I enjoy it very much. I specially like competing against other schools.

My favorites!
Favorite color: Red! To me, the color red means power, love, strength and it reminds me of Spain!
Favorite animal: Parrot! They have beautiful bright colors and they live in beautiful places.
Favorite food: Spaghetti!
Favorite movies: La La Land, Mamma Mia, Ratatouille, Get Smart (2008). I specially like comedy movies and musicals.
Favorite season: Fall.
Favorite holiday: Christmas, of course!
Favorite shop: Tiger! This is a shop full of fun things that you will never use but you just somehow want to buy them. Desigual! This is a Spanish shop with really unique clothes. The name of this shop means unequal.
Favorite type of music: Pop and Bossa Nova.
Favorite ice cream: Stracciatella.

Things I would like to do in the Future:
– Learn to Speak Japanese.
– Write a book.
– Visit Japan, Paris, Peru and Austria.
– Create fancy dresses for a model gateway.
– Decrease my time in Freestyle.
– Create a flower garden in my house.
– Learn how to dance ballet.

Pets
I have a cat called Tortilla (yes, like the Spanish omelette). She is from Mali and seriously, she is really pretty. She is beautiful! She has given birth to nine cats. Here are some of the names I remember from some of the kittens: Gazpacho, Paella (this two had an orange- ish color, that’s why 😉 ), Yacuma which means cat in Bambara (a language spoken in Bamako) and the Independent because he always did things whenever he wanted.

This is Tortilla 🙂

Okay, now I think you know a little more about me and I hope you guys liked reading!